Belgian fine leather goods company Delvaux has moved to a new landmark location on New Bond Street, formerly occupied by shoemaker Pinet. The 200 sq m store is spread across two levels and is designed by Milanese architectural studio Vudafieri Saverino Partners, under the lead and vision of Jean Marc Loubier, chief executive officer of First Heritage Brands, which owns Delvaux.
Throughout the museum-like space, a sense of history and contemporary aesthetics merge together in keeping with the refined and subtle luxury that is the hallmark of Delvaux.
Contemporary furniture, such as Martin Szekely's Silver Consoles and AK table, juxtaposes with the store's Corinthian and Roman columns imagined by architect William Flockhart in 1906.
'The distinctive fittings and furniture are inspired by Flemish traditional architecture, every time reinterpreted with a modern, subtle approach that incorporates industrial or noble materials and juxtaposes contrasting textures,' explains a spokesperson for Delvaux.
For the first time, the store design incorporates a black matt finish to add drama to the space and guide customers downstairs.
The pale gold matt in the shelves and the consoles provide both a contrast and balance with the black wood panelling.
The sofas and the rugs provide the only real note of colour in the boutique.
Delvaux worked with Italian studio Walter Amort on the lighting design for the store.
Delvaux has also opened new stores in Milan and on London's Sloane Street, and will unveil its first flagship boutique in New York later this year.
Delvaux, Leather Goods, Boutique, Vudafieri Saverino Partners, Jean Marc Loubier, Magazine De Lux, Interioare Magazine De Lux, Luxury Interiors, Luxury Boutique, London Devalux Shop, Boutique Design, Amenajare Magazine, Walter Amort, Delvaux Luxury Brand,